12 Minute Read
Topic Contributor: Hailey at Stamen
Get Better Erections Using Natural Supplements
While various factors can influence testosterone and energy output, one crucial element is gut health. Gut problems create weak erections. Yes, you heard us right. Understanding this major factor can shift the way you view sexual health and make informed decision on how to naturally combat erectile dysfunction (ED). Let's start by answering this first question.
What does my gut have to do with sex drive?
Your gut microbiome is a complex network residing in the digestive system. It has become a big buzz topic in the health and biohacking community, but it's not just hype. Your gut truly does have profound influence on your physical, mental and sexual health.
The gut microbiome affects testosterone production in multiple ways:
- Gut is the epicenter for metabolism and absorption of nutrients necessary for testosterone synthesis. Key nutrients like Zinc and Magnesium play critical roles in testosterone production, and a healthy gut environment ensures these nutrients are readily absorbed from food. Most people today have magnesium deficiencies due to excess technology and EMF exposure.
- Gut microbiome regulates inflammation and oxidative stress in the body. Chronic inflammation and high levels of oxidative stress can impair testosterone production and lead to hormonal imbalances. By maintaining a healthy gut, you prevent stress damage and support optimal testosterone output.
- Gut-brain axis is a 2 way communication pathway between the gut and the brain. The gut microbiome influences neurotransmitter signals, which in turn affects how and when your brain tells your body to product testosterone. If your gut is deficient on nutrients, then it lacks signaling power for sustaining erections.
To promote gut health and support testosterone production, it is vital to support gut diversity. This includes consuming a nutrient-dense diet rich in whole foods, fiber, and healthy fats. Regular exercise, stress management techniques, and quality sleep also play vital roles in maintaining a healthy gut for performance.
What nutrients do I need to replenish testosterone?
Nutrient deficiencies can have a significant impact on testosterone production. Testosterone relies on specific nutrients for its synthesis and regulation. Here are a few key nutrients and their role in testosterone production:
- Vitamin B1 & B6: These B Vitamins are involved in hormone regulation and can influence testosterone levels in reproductive regions. Aphrodisiac foods typically contain high levels of these Thiamin, a type of B1 Vitamin.
- Zinc: This mineral is essential to numerous psychological and hormonal processes, including testosterone synthesis. It helps convert cholesterol into testosterone and regulates the activity of enzymes involved in hormone production.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is another nutrient that plays a role in testosterone production. It supports the conversion of free testosterone into an active form that can be utilized by the body. Green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and legumes are good sources of magnesium. Pumpkin seeds in particular carry high levels of magnesium.
Improving testosterone production involves fixing nutrient deficiencies through a balanced diet or holistic supplements. Absorbing magnesium though the skin (in the case of epsom salt baths) or taking vitamin injections through fat tissue (in the case of B vitamin shots) does not carry direct impact to the gut. Orally ingesting the supplement is essential to getting nutrients to where your body needs them for testosterone synthesis.
How can I tell if my gut needs help?
Gut health has a profound impact on energy levels. The gut is responsible for metabolizing nutrients and is the hub for energy production in our bodies. This is how your gut behaves:
- Nutrient Absorption: The gut is where the absorption of nutrients take place. If the gut is not functioning optimally due to imbalances or inflammation, nutrient absorption will be compromised. This can lead to deficiencies in key nutrients needed for energy production, like B vitamins, iron and magnesium. Inadequate nutrient absorption will lead to fatigue and reduced energy levels.
- Gut Microbiome and Metabolism: The gut microbiome metabolizes the nutrients we eat and converts them into energy. Beneficial gut bacteria help break down complex carbohydrates, fiber, and other compounds that our bodies cannot digest on their own. This process produces short-chain fatty acids, which serve as an important energy source for our cells. A healthy and diverse gut system generates high energy levels.
- Gut Inflammation and Fatigue: Chronic gut inflammation can lead to a condition called leaky gut syndrome, where the integrity of the intestinal barrier is compromised. This allows toxins and undigested food particles to enter the bloodstream, triggering an immune response and inflammation throughout the body. Inflammation is known to also cause fatigue and low energy levels.
- Unbalanced Gut Symptoms: Chronic gas, bloating, bad breath, heartburn or acid reflux, and constipation or IBS can all be signs of an unbalanced gut environment. Consult with a healthcare professional or complete lab testing if you exhibit any of these chronic symptoms to verify your condition.
Which supplements should I use to target deficiencies?
If eating tons of leafy greens daily is not an option, then taking comprehensive holistic supplements like Stamen will help you bridge nutritional deficiencies. Stamen is formulated specifically to boost testosterone production, improve digestion, support gut microbiome diversity, and stabilize energy metabolism in the body. Read the full list of ingredients and break down of the benefits here. All the ingredients are plant-based and safe for long term use. For more information about using high-risk ingredients to enhance testosterone, like L-Arginine and Ashwagana in our blog section.
Over 2000 years ago, Hippocrates said, "All disease begins in the gut." Now 2000 years later, Stamen has created a safe daily supplement to support your gut and unlock your sexual vitality.